February 26, 2020
Texas Leadership Employees, Parents and Guardians,
With a new viral threat that is impacting certain places around the world; specifically Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), we want to let you know that we are actively monitoring this situation and have been in communication with the regional health departments near our schools. We’ve contacted our Education Service Centers as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and will continue to take whatever steps as advised from State or Federal offices to make sure our students are safe.
We would ask that you also take necessary steps in following guidance offered by the various agencies. We have provided websites below for the state and local agencies where you can better educate your families and take precautions as recommended. Some of these precautions should be used every day whether a threat such as this is near us or not. According to the CDC, the chances of catching this virus (COVID-19) in the United States is very low.
- Encourage your students to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Both options are available at all our campuses.
- Encourage your students to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with un-washed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who might be ill.
- Keep your student home if they are sick. Please refer to our Health Services Guidelines that can be found at our School Nurse/Health Services tab on our School website.
- Encourage your students to create a habit of covering their cough and/or sneeze with a tissue or into the crease of their elbow.
These are all recommendations that we encourage students with while they are in our care. Our custodial team is diligent in cleaning and disinfecting every day. We regularly sanitize at each campus as well with the Clorox machines we have on hand.
Please see the websites below for more information regarding the COVID-19.
San Angelo Health Department: https://www.cosatx.us/departments-services/health-services
Abilene Health Department: https://www.abilenetx.gov/363/Health
Midland Health Department: http://www.midlandtexas.gov/232/Health-Senior-Services
Texas Department of Health Services: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus
Texas Leadership Administration