Dear Parents, Staff, and Students
As we are sure, all of you are aware we are experiencing very high numbers of people in Texas and across the country becoming infected with the flu.
Each year 36,000 people die from the flu and complications associated with the flu. Many more deaths and hospitalizations are predicted and are occurring with the outbreak and spread of influenza this year.
To protect yourself, your students, families, and the general population please:
1. Wash your hands often
2. Cover your mouth and sneeze or cough into your sleeve
3. Wash your hands after blowing your nose
4. Avoid shaking hands
5. Disinfect surfaces often (desks, phones, countertops, door handles, objects that are shared, etc.)
6. Wear a mask over your mouth and nose around sick individuals and at medical facilities examining sick individuals
7. DO NOT go to work, go to school, go out in public places or crowded areas if you have a fever, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or other symptoms of illness. Flu is a highly contagious viral illness which can be deadly. Please do not be a part of spreading the illness.
We hope these measures will decrease the spread of influenza and other illnesses this year.