Title I Programs
Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs is a part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015 which is formerly known as the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). This program provides supplemental funds to our district so that we are able to fund additional resources for our schools that serve economically disadvantaged and at-risk student populations. The goal of these funds is to ensure quality educational programs, and effective instruction based on student data and student needs. To learn more, please visit the TEA Website.
TLCA's 2022-2023 Title I plans align with district and campus needs derived from a Collaborative Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) and a set of tentative goals based off of the subsequent findings and the development of District and Campus Improvement Plans. To view 2022-2023 improvement plans, please click here. In summary, our improvement goals include:
- Provide mission driven leadership that develops the capacity of every leader, teacher, and staff member to deliver rigorous and enriching learning experiences to every student.
- Create a safe and secure learning environment that focuses on the social, emotional, and cultural needs of every student and staff member.
- Strengthen partnerships with our families and communities to elevate district participation and pride.
- Each student will gain an academic growth point according to new accountability system.
- Increase organizational efficiency to enhance student experiences.
Each of the five goals has subsequent performance objectives and strategies to work on meeting these goals this year. If you would like to be a part of the 2023-2024 annual review and planning process please email [email protected]
2022-2023 ESSA Entitlements
Title I-A: $1,024,587
Purpose: To provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education and close educational achievement gaps.
Tentative Plans: Provide paraprofessionals, interventionists, instructional coaches, professional development, and instructional materials, leadership development.
Title III: $11,023
Purpose: To provide language instruction for English learners and immigrant students.
Tentative Plans: Provide supplemental instructional supports, provide learning and school engagement opportunities for families of English learners and immigrant students.
Please contact Amanda Duncan, Federal & State Programs Coordinator at 325-653-3200 x7620 or [email protected] for inquiries.